Friday, November 8, 2013

November #2- What I have been up to?

This week I have been out attending a couple of events. The first was the 21st Adelaide Knife Show. Yes a knife show. A friend of our was trading there for the first time so we went to show our support in the craft he has chosen to learn. I was pleasantly surprised I didn't know what to expect. So I was surprised that I found it very interesting. We met some very talented people and learned more about this craft. Many hours of work had gone into the  handcrafting most of the knives we viewed. Each so different from the last one, from the shape of the blades to the handles. Each one a master piece in it own right. I suppose this craft just like quilting and other crafts came about for the need to have every day items to survive. I'm glad to see there is still some people out there that want to learn these crafts it would be a shame to lose this craft. We have already lost some much knowledge over the generations.

The other event I visited was the Craft & Quilt Fair on Thursday with some  good friends and we had a ball. It is so different just being a visitor than trading.  It gave me a good chance to look around and see what other talented crafters are doing. Something you don't get much of chance to do when you are trading. I was looking for some projects to improve my skills and knowledge, for new gadgets and tools to make all our lives easier. There is so much I want to try and master I don't know where I am going to find the time but I will try.  I will share my adventures as they happen good or bad. SA Festival of Quilts was a delight to visit, so much inspiration on display. So many talented quilters sharing their work with us. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to enter one of my quilts.

A new shipment of batik fabrics arrived on Monday so I have loaded them on the shop www.cynthiasark.com.au They will be $21.00 a metre but until Monday they are on special for $16.00 a metre as part of our We are Not at the Craft & Quilt Fair sale. With patterns discounted and a range of fabrics on sale from $5.00 a metre what else could you want.  The new batiks are featured on the home page so they are easy to find.
  The new batiks fabrics.

Berry Jam
Blue Spotty Circles
Garden Mess

  
              Jungle Tides

  
                           Sky Tides                                    Green
 
                        River Pond                              Star Flower
 
       Water and Earth                                              Jungle Screams
  
Finally I did get a little sewing done this week and I finished Dottie,  my version of The Rivendale Collection Dottie Table runner.  I hand quilted this one. Good practise.
 

Until next time keep stitching
 
Cynthia

No comments: