Saturday, February 1, 2014

Have you seen the new Inklingo Collection?

This week Linda Franz from Inklingo released their latest collection. It is the Castle Wall Collection and it comes in 3 sizes 4.5, 6 and 9 inches. This is a joint project between Mickey Dupre and Inklingo so you will find posts on both their blogs.  Picturebelow from the Inklingo blog of the Castle Wall block.
 Castle Wall Quilt Block

If you haven't crossed paths with Inklingo it is time you have a look. This technique of printing shapes on fabric using your normal inkjet printer has change the lives of many quilters. I found it makes my hand piecing projects a breeze. No more making templates then tracing around them, adding seam allowances and cutting them out. With Inklingo you print your shapes onto the fabric (sewing lines and cutting lines) then cut them out and sew by hand or machine.  Linda has a number of  tutorials and a free shape collection for you to start with.
I played around with the free shape collection when I first found Inklingo and for my first full project I participated in Inklingo mystery quilt The Case of the Secret Garden. I was off and sewing with Linda and Monkey's help. My current Inklingo project is Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice quilt and this time I have had a go at machine piecing  the blocks.
I have just purchased my Castle Wall Collection in the 9 inch size. So now I just have to pick out the fabrics and I can start. The Inklingo link is on the right handed side of our blog. Go and have a look.

 Until next time keep stitching
Cynthia

No comments: