Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Australian Machine Quilting Festival 2014 Round Up

Wow! What an event! Of course there was plenty of work done but there was fun along the way too. Now after the event there is even more work to be done. This was the first time we have traded at this event and at a venue we haven't dealt with before.  I am always nervous how things are going to work out. Setup went smoothly besides some silly woman (me) who forgot to put the ladder in when she loaded the car. Whoops but I always forget something and we always manage. My LSH (long suffering husband) won't let me live that down for a few events. 
Is that a sneak peak of one of the Batik Rainbow Sampler blocks on the wall? 

There was a full six days of classes and three and bit days of trading in the vendors hall. I did manage to sit in on a Squedge ruler demo from Joy's Craftworx and yes I did purchase one with a book. I have some ideas using batik fabrics I want to play with. I will share them when I get to it. That is why I got the book because it may be a few months before I get to play with it. If you saw my last post you would know I got to meet Jenny Doan from Missouri Star Quilt Co who was here teaching. I wish I had done one of her classes but it just wasn't possible.  I have promised myself I will do a class next time.
Of course, at an event like this, you must have a quilt show featuring Machine Quilting. I just love looking at all the work that went into creating these quilts. Even my LSH had a favourite.



My LSH favourite one. 
 Some of the quilts on display in the Quilt show.
Also at this event we launched our Aurifil Batik Bright Thread Club (starting December) which is now available to sign up for in the web shop. Here is the link to the post on the club.
October has started with a bang. With our Batik Rainbow Fabric Club launched on the 1st and now our Aurifil Thread Club launched, 2015 is shaping up to be a big year for us and to top things off I know there are some very exciting patterns using batik fabrics, more batik fabrics coming and some new tools I think as well.
Until next time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: