Thursday, November 13, 2014

Globetrotting Block of the Month Borders Part 2


Part 1 of this project blog post I shared all of my blocks joined together ready for the borders to be added. A trip to A Quilter's Odyssey resulted in the two extra pieces of fabric I needed. Thank goodness they had some, as I had my heart set on the 3 fabrics I had selected for the border. So off to the cutting table and adding the first border and the piecing the second border. I must have been getting tired as I got to the end of piecing the side border I was 3 rectangles short on each side so I cut them and put them by the sewing machine for the next day. The next day I wanted to finish the borders, so I checked the placement to make sure I knew where I was going to sew them on and processed to joining them together.

What is wrong with this strip? A directional print and I tried to save fabric by not cut a whole strip for 2 pieces and I cut them from an offcut. The print should of been going the other way. Luckily I noticed before sewing them together or I would have been unpicking and starting over.  After re-cut and sewn together my Globetrotting quilt top is complete.

I think over the Christmas break I will have to have a mega quilting section and quilt some of the tops that I have made this year that haven't been finished this year.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: