Monday, December 29, 2014

Aurifil December Block of the Month

I finally got my last block from the Aurifil Block of the Month completed.

 I have been dragging my feet on this one as I am not sure what to do about the layout for these blocks. I have seen a couple of post on what others have done with their blocks but what to do with mine. My blocks are scrappy and I am struggling with what to use to make this a quilt looks like it was meant to be. I think this is why I struggle with scrappy quilts, if you are using a colour theme or fabric from a range it is easier.  What do you think?
I will use sashing between the blocks but what colour? I know I want to use a single colour for the sashing to tie the blocks together in a neutral colour or do I go dark for a different look? I ask this question because my photo was taken on my dark floor.

 Then I am thinking of a scrappy border made from scraps (fabrics in the blocks, plus some extra) from the stash.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: