Monday, December 22, 2014

Do you recognize this block?


I am sure some of you will recognize this block especially if you follow Missouri Star Quilt Company. It is their Disappearing Hourglass #1 block. I have wanted to make this quilt since the first time I saw Jenny's tutorial on it. I wanted to use our Multi coloured batik Layer Cake with some neutral yardage to make the quilt up in.
Well I have started it. It is an easy block.

 You start with half square triangles sew them in to a hourglass block, cut it, twist it and sew it back together. Here is the link to the tutorial for all the details.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXggafOP230&list=PLD5EF21A981F69C28&index=23

This is my first four blocks completed.
But look what you can create with our Multi coloured Batik Layer Cake which is on special at Cynthia's Ark for $35 and an extra 2.6 metres of cream marble which has just arrived in stock. Let's have some fun.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: