Monday, December 1, 2014

Grand Illusions Mystery Quilt Clue 1

Finally we get to start this year's mystery. Grand Illusions!  Bonnie promises this year's quilt will be a little easier the Celtic Solstice so this should be a breeze. Clue 1 has been released and HST (half square triangles) is first up to complete. Then a good portion of them are then going it to a broken dishes block. Nice and easy. There is still time to join us if you are tempted. Just pop over to Quiltville and click on the Grand Illusions tab at the top of the page. 
So Sunday afternoon I got to start. I didn't get as far as I would have liked but a start is a start. Here are some of my HST units, plenty more yet to cut and sew.

Here are a few of my broken dishes blocks. I had some reverse sewing to do as I had a thread issue. I'm glad I noticed after the fourth block and was able to fix it.
 Not totally scrappy. It is what I call controlled scrappy but more scrappy than last year quilt. It is where I am happy.
I will link up each week with others to share our progress. To see other quilters Grand Illusion progress just click on the icon in the right side tool bar or here.
Until next time
Keep Stitching

Cynthia

No comments: