Saturday, January 10, 2015

Quiltmaker's Auld Lang Stitches Mystery Quilt #1


You may of seen this one on my To Do List for 2015. It is Quiltmaker's Auld Lang Stitches Mystery Quilt. Clue 1 was released New year Day and we were off to the sewing room for cutting and sewing. Lots of half square triangles to make in clue 1. Now I am getting ahead of myself. Let's start at the beginning.

 The fabric suggestion were white, blue and red tone on tones. I love this combination but I wanted to work with something different and the yardage required encourage me to choose different colours from my stash. So I am going to use pink instead of white, blue is still blue and grey instead of red. These fabrics come from the Daisies in the wind range of fabrics.

So I starting the cutting and sewing of clue 1 making half square triangles and attaching squares to some and putting the rest of the HST to one side for later.

Each week we get the next clue and Clue 2 has just been released. So I am off to start  working on Clue 2.
If you want to join us here is the link to the first clue.
http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2015/01/quiltmakers-new-years-mystery-quilt-part-1/
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: