Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Laura Folk Fair 2015 Round Up

Once again we were in Laura trading at the Laura Folk Fair over the weekend. This is one of our favourite events of the year. We get 2 days trading out in the fresh air and it is an overnight stay in the neighbouring town of Gladstone. So it is like a mini break. As always we had perfect weather for the weekend and it was a busy weekend with lots of great crafts, good food and entertainment for the whole family.

This year when we got there we noticed there had been some road works since last year's event and the organisers had to realign our end of the fair which turned out to be a blessing for us, as we have the afternoon sun in our eyes normally. So no more sun in our eyes and as we are outside under hessian tents the sun now didn't reach the back of our stall so we could get out of the sun when needed.

The 2 new Kids Strip Quilts kit Furry Friends and Too Cute were popular with the crowds, along with the Melly and Me patterns (I think that was down to Oliver Hoot being our special guest on the stall). A number of customers wanted to take him home but I couldn't part with him. So they had to buy a pattern and make their own. Am I a mean person? I don't think so.

Of course fabric was the most popular selling item on the stall. I make sure all the fabric boxes are topped up plus extras for such event as we only get out that way once a year. I don't want anyone to miss out. This year the modern fabrics and novelty fabrics were the big movers. I love see what fabrics people buy it helps me select what to order in and I often see interesting mixes that have the wow factor. There was 1 fabric that has been in stock for over 12 months and not move all that well but I had a customer mix it with a different range from a different company and I thought wow that could easily mixed together to create a great quilt. I may have to play around with them and see what happens. It was another great weekend in Laura. We look forward to next year's event.

Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia




No comments: