Sunday, May 31, 2015

350 Block Project 2015- May's Report


This Month's goal is 30 Blocks.
Prairie Moon Quilts runs the 350 Blocks Project: 2015. It is a great challenge to record the year's quilting journey. It is like a monthly quilting diary and I wonder if I can collate the 12 monthly post for myself  for future reminiscing.  May's report for the 350 Blocks Project: 2105. Here we go.
What a slow start to May.  In the first 10 days on May I had managed 8 Four patch blocks.

Working at putting my Inklingo Stars together. 5 for the blocks going together into rows and 5 more for the rows being joined. Now for the borders. So that is 4 more for a total of 14.

Next I joined my lozenge quilt rows together so there is another 8 to the total and another quilt top for the quilting pile. I better plan a quilting weekend and finish a few of these or get them to my longarm quilting expert so she can quilt for me.

Sewing rows together has allow me to make some more Idaho Square Dance blocks as leaders and enders.       4 blocks completed this month.

 A couple more hexagon flowers completed for my black and white hexagon quilt.

May Vacation Time block is completed.

 3 x RSC Green blocks have also completed.

Plus I joined Christa's Paper Piecing Quilt Along to expand my paper piecing skills. A technique I really want to work on. So 1 more block to the total.
Plus 2 Windmill blocks from my Rainbow Batik Sampler.


 I am happy to get this much done after such a slow start. Maybe June will have more sewing time in it.

The Month's total is 43.

Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: