Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Back to Quilting

I have pieced the second Fully Stacked project and it is ready for quilting. So it is time to play with my new quilting rulers. I pieced the backing as I like to do. Is that my favourite Extravaganza fabric?

  Pinning it didn't take too long as this project is smaller than Fully Stacked project #1. I also pinned a test sandwich so I can check the measurement of the design I want to quilt. I am testing  Westalee Designs Circles on Quilts Spinning Wheel #36 template ruler I was thinking it is the wrong size but doing a test and seeing what it looks like stitched is the key.

 I was happy with the results. Full steam ahead. Bring on the quilting. I had 18 blocks to quilt and once I worked out a plan of action and not trying to turn the quilt and working in an orderly fashion. I was powering my way through the quilting. It did take me a few hours. Lol

This allowed me to get the binding on the next day ready for the hand sewing which means project #2 is nearly finished and it is time to proofread the pattern and double check the numbers. so there will be 2 new patterns available over the Fully Stacked Weekend and they will be available in print format and in downloadable PDF format. All my new patterns I create will be available in the 2 formats for now on make it easier to purchase. The big reveal is just over a week away. So make sure you pop back to my blog between the 3rd-5th October 2015 to see how these two projects turned out plus there will be more on offer as part of the Fully Stacked Weekend.

Until Next Time
Keep Stitching 
Cynthia

No comments: