Saturday, October 29, 2016

Sew It Together Lucky-Handmade Sew Along # 4

After cutting all the block fabrics we are ready to sew.

Lots of half square triangle units to make. So this calls for a chain piecing session. I set myself up with a cuppa early Friday morning after I set the dishwasher and washing machine going and off I went to see how far I could get through these piles of squares. I did draw my diagonally line on my grey squares earlier this week while watching TV.

I finished off the coloured squares and there was some grey squares leftover.

What did I do wrong? Did I cut too many grey squares or not enough coloured squares. On a recount the grey squares reached the 96 squares I needed but I was 20 coloured squares short.  Found them! I accidently put them with the 4" squares I cut as they came from the same fabrics.(See the first picture I took, right hand side pile the missing squares under the 4 " squares.)  They now have been sewn together and I cut them apart in front of the TV.

There will be a pressing and squaring up session some time soon.

                                       Until Next Time
                                        Keep Stitching
                                           Cynthia

2 comments:

AlidaP said...

It is fun when you can streamline your process! I am looking forward to see how these pieces come together! Thanks for sharing!!

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

Multi-tasking at its best! :-)
Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a good day!