Monday, April 3, 2017

Laura Folk Fair 2017

We spent the weekend in Laura for their annual Folk Fair. This is one of regular event and we will continue that way. We were trying to work out how many years we have done this event and at this time the total evades us. We are thinking 15 years, so quite a long time.
We had a great weekend. The weather was  clear and warm with a breeze, so it was a little cool in the shade but in the sun it was toasty.
Some of the stall snapshots taken over the 2 days. You can alway find some great fair specials on our stall. Only available during the event we are attending.





We had the Sands of Time Workshop sample hang up, even  if the binding wasn't quite finished. It attracted a lot of attention including a few people  wanting to buy it. Valerie from the House of Valerie did a great job quilting it for me. I just love her work so if you need a quilt quilted I highly recommend her work. Just visit the shop to see her work hanging around the walls.



I even had a little time to do some English paper piecing demonstrations used the 4" pointed dresden template and papers and some fabric from Faye Burgos Collectors' Gallery ranges for Marcus Fabrics. I must admit she is one of my favourite fabric designers.

Here is the fabric I used.

This is what I ended up with. One dresden plate completed.  I think there may be another 2 blocks to be made and a beautiful table runner at the end of it.

If you ever get the chance to visit Laura the first weekend of April is the perfect time to visit when the Laura
Folk Fair is on.

Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: